Find your authentic story for your next speech.
This workshop will be about showing the participants how to tap into their authentic being and craft personal stories that are relevant to the audience, and come across with confidence and authenticity.
Stories captivate the audience. They bring the speaker’s full attention and help illustrate complex issues. Personal stories are particularly effective in a speech. However, quite often we sit in front of the white sheet of paper when preparing a speech and nothing comes to mind.
Olivia Schofield will teach us in her workshop
- how to come up with our authentic, personal story
- how to come up with a story that is relevant for the audience
- how we can best present our story with confidence
In this interactive workshop she will show us how we can work with our own stories.
Those who know Olivia know that she is is dynamic, creative and has unusual ways of doing things. Learning from her is always fun.
Date: Saturday, January 16th @ 16h CET
Duration: 75 minutes
This workshop will be online and interactive, with tasks to do in separate breakout rooms
Organization fee: 9,99€
This Workshop is only for Club-Members of Toastmasters International
The zoom link to the online workshop will be sent on 15. 1. 2021.
About Olivia Schofield
Olivia Schofield is an international award winning keynote speaker. She is dedicated to helping professional men and women develop their presentation and public speaking skills, their executive presence and their ability to inspire as leaders. She delivers keynotes, runs workshops and offers individual coaching worldwide.
She is a member of the Berlin Toastmasters. She was a finalist at the Toastmasters International World Championship of Public Speaking in Las Vegas in 2011 and is known in the Toastmasters world for her great workshops e.g. in Boras and Athens, among other places.
About M.E.A.T. – Munich English Advanced Toastmasters
We are the first Advanced Toastmaster Club in Munich for English speaking Toastmaster members. We are the bridge between the home club
and the professional speaking world
Our members are:
- valued contributors to the Toastmasters community in Division D and beyond
- a handful of mentors who are supportive but also challenge their mentees by pushing them beyond their comfort zone
- skilled time managers, bringing to our meetings thoughtful planning and reliable execution
- Excellent evaluations – as we continuously evaluate our evaluators
- Support to our members professionally in preparing presentations and speeches at a professional level
- A wide variety of learning opportunities to our members with workshops and special events on rhetorical topics by experienced experts
Our club members:
- are also members in their respective home club (to avoid “cannibalization”),
- have completed either CC or Pathways level 2,
- work in Pathways and speak English.
We meet every 1st Saturday of the month from 10:30 to 12:00
And right now we are also meeting at 3rd Saturday of the month.
Become a M.E.A.T. member. Get in touch with Tulia Lopes, our VP-Membership.
She will be happy to answer all your questions and provide you with the required application form.